In today's economy many of us, are looking to find the best deal for items we need to purchase. With four kids in our home, ranging in age from nineteen all the way down to two and a half, I am constantly looking for the best deals around town to meet the needs of our family. Thankfully, for obvious reasons, we as a family have never had to “shortchange” ourselves on our photography needs. However, many of my clients have shared stories their friends have shared with them about personal experiences when they hired a photographer based on low prices, verses quality of work.


I find it interesting that this topic more often than not, surfaces during many of my wedding consultations. It’s a valid concern for my brides that they not only receive good, quality portraits from their wedding but they want to look good in their portraits too. I mean, we all want to look good, right? Of course we do! Now, I have to say I have never seen a bride, who didn’t look absolutely gorgeous on her wedding day, but I have seen a few pictures that haven’t adequately shall we say, captured the beauty of a bride on her wedding day. Fortunately, the pictures I’ve seen of this nature, have not been taken by me, but shared with me. LOL!

What if you could find a photographer who does both; provides quality work and excellent prices. Is that possible? Maybe…As a professional photographer, the best advice I can give you to accomplish this is to consult with your wedding photographer before you contract with them, regardless of a generous or conservative wedding day photography budget. During your consultation, it’s not an unusual request to ask a photographer if you can view additional portraits from weddings they’ve helped capture. Don’t settle for what’s visible in their online portfolio, throw them a curve ball and see how they respond. Photographers who quickly offer additional portraits are displaying two important qualities; one, the photographer is open and doesn't have anything to hide from you as their potential client, and two, the photographer can quickly adapt to the needs of their clients. These two things, coupled with beautiful portfolio portraits are the qualities you as a consumer should look for in your wedding day photographer.

Wedding day photography is a continually evolving love story that unfolds before your eyes and in front of my camera’s lens. I’m very proud to say that all of my brides continue to be return clients as their lives enter new and wonderful phases. Our wedding day packages start at $450…Call today to schedule your consultation. I would LOVE to meet with you!

DNT Photography is currently booking weddings into October of 2010…Don’t wait, call today!

Tassie Winters
469.236.1123
Lead Photographer @ Dnt Photography